Web based service to use the EMBL email while outside EMBL
Remote access is restricted to http://www.embl-hamburg.de/, the official web server of EMBL Hamburg. Private web servers are no longer accessible from outside of embl-hamburg.de, but are fully accessible from computers inside embl-hamburg.de.
- 2 modems connected for dial-in to PPP router Nelson. Access for registered users only – password required.
- Telephone numbers: 890 14 79 and 899 32 66
- IP numbers are assigned as 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 at time of dial-in.
- Under Win98, WinNT, set dial-up server type to 'PPP: WindowsNT, Windows95, Internet'
- The name server to be used is 126.96.36.199. Use the default gateway of the EMBL Hamburg network.
- Set username and password.
Use an interactive window and type 'PPP' at the login prompt or use the login script: expect login: PPP
- One ISDN line for dial-up to EMBL Hamburg: 899 632 35-37
- Dial-up is handled by a SGI Indy running a PPPD.
- Under Win98, WinNT, set dial-up server type to 'PPP: WindowsNT, Windows95, Internet'.
- Software compression and PPP LCP extensions are enabled.
- A Unix account and a valid IP number for the dialing system are currently required for use of this dial-up option.