We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Registration deadline: 15 May 2015.
- Preliminary programme is now available
- Download poster here
- Download flyer here
Synchrotron radiation facilities for biomedical research such as structural biology beamline facilities, and protein preparation and characterization platforms represent core technologies used in many pharmaceutical and biotech companies. Effective and efficient access to key synchrotron radiation technologies can have a big impact on research efforts and can increase competitiveness at a national and international level. A clear understanding of the challenges faced and the needs of both service providers and clients is however crucial to make the most of this working relationship.
The EU funded project BioStruct-X coordinated by EMBL-Hamburg supports access for established and emerging key methods in structural biology and comprises 11 facilities from across Europe together providing 44 installations for applications in small angle X‐ray scattering (SAXS), macromolecular X‐ray crystallography (MX) biological X ray imaging (XI) protein production and high throughput crystallisation (PP & HTX).
To aid and encourage the exchange of knowledge, needs and approaches between industrial partners and BioStruct-X facility members, a three day workshop will be held on the DESY campus in Hamburg from the 15-17 June.
The workshop is aimed at:
- representatives of pharmaceutical companies and service providers for structural biology keen to meet new cooperation partners
- scientists engaged in biomedical research interested in learning more about opportunities and possibilities at synchrotron facilities
- developers and distributors of X-ray and analytical equipment
The programme includes:
- presentations by the BioStruct-X partners and other service providers detailing the facilities and technologies open to access for industrial users,
- talks highlighting examples of research done using synchrotron radiation,
- a round table discussion on the future needs for synchrotron beamtime provision to the pharmaceutical industry,
- ample time for networking and discussions with a poster session, a delegate exhibition and tour of the local facilities at world’s brightest synchrotron source, PETRA III.
Early bird registration (before March 31st) is 100 Euro – afterwards 200 Euro. The number of participants is limited to 130 on a “first come, first served” basis. Please click here for more details including on how to register and the workshop programme.
We look forward to welcoming you to the DESY campus for stimulating discussions!