Data reduction and processing
EMBL, Hamburg Outstation, Germany
This lecture will explain the initial steps of a solution SAXS experiments. After an introductory part of SAXS instrumentation, the different data reduction and processing steps will be discussed in detail:
Download presentation (PDF, 6MB)
- Recording of Small Angle Scattering (SAS) data
- SAXS beamlines;
- SAXS beamline optics;
- detection of X-rays for SAXS;
- Primary Data Reduction
- radial averaging;
- pipeline for data analysis.
- Initial data processing
- Guinier approximation;
- estimation of the molecular weight;
- quality check of SAXS data.
Date/time: Tuesday, 26 October 2010, 9:00