Remote access to beamline P12
The automated sample changer allows for unattended/remote measurements. Remote control is offered to the experienced users since summer 2009. For remote operation, all samples must be fully prepared, without the necessity of dilutions or additions.
To access P12 from your home or office:
Please do not forget to log out (top right corner) after using the remote access.
- get a username and password from your P12 local contact;
- download the NoMachine client (free) and install it on your favourite operating system;
- create a session:
- protocol: SSH,
- host: remote.embl-hamburg.de,
- port: 22,
- use the system login,
- authentication method: password;
- don't use a proxy;
- sign in with your username and password;
- click <Create a new desktop or custom session>;
- click Create a new virtual desktop;
- go to Activities and type terminal;
- open the Terminal, type becquerel and press Enter.